Spring 2014 Learning Plan Goals
Two months into the next three month period of my Learning Plan and I’m finally getting my goals posted. Thankfully the delayed posting doesn’t mean that I haven’t been getting things done.
My goals for the first six months were far too ambitious, and in hindsight, read more like goals for the next year or two. This list feels much more realistic to me — plenty of things to do, but plenty of room for unexpected opportunities as well. Also, planning for only three months, rather than six, worked much better for me. Season by season.
- Build water garden.
- Install beehive.
- Learn to use the dehydrator.
- Get bees.
- Finish Master Naturalist Training.
- Install washing machine greywater system.
- Build new chicken coop.
- Install chicken coop rainbarrel.
- Harvest and dehydrate herbs.
- Spread warm season cover crop seeds on Cosmo’s garden.
- Install rainbarrel on garden shed.
- Dehydrate backpacking food.
- Build greywater basins.
- Can fruit.
- Get a chest freezer.
- Experiment with rotating chicken ‘paddocks’.
- Start a plant specimen book with pressed plants from the house and farm.
- Hands-on Top Bar beekeeping class.
- Cistern install workshop.
- Read Growing Food in a Hotter, Drier Land.